Tuesday, May 8, 2012

So my car needs new seats.  Anyone who has ever sat in much less driven a 4th gen Camaro knows, while the seats might be ok for cruising down the interstate, they are terrible for any roads with turns.  Since this wont just be a daily driver, but a car that will (hopefully) see track action, it has to have more than adequate lateral support, and head/neck support that will accommodate wearing a helmet.  Adjustability is not a major issue, but wear, seat quality, quality of the mount/slide, and looks will factor into a decision.  I also have major budget restraints because we are currently remodeling our house.  So when looking at the types of seats most Pro-touring guys are going with big names Recaro, Sparco, Kirkey,MOMO etc.  Other brands that are more budget oriented would be procar, corbeau, APC...but their was one company that caught my attention a little known company called Cipher.  A member on Pro-Touring.com is celling Cipher seats for a very reasonable cost along with brackets/slides for the seats.  You could purchase a pair of seats, with suede inserts for about the same as 1 Corbeau seat.  They got decent feedback from members who have purchased these seats on the site, and they look pretty sweet.  The reviews on other budget companies seats especially the mounts/slides have NOT be very good (Corbeau), although I thought the Corbeau's I had in my 94 Trans Am were OK. 

So I am pretty sure that I will drop the dime on the purchase of the Cipher SP1013 with the suede insert.  I hope to add a harness bar and harnesses at some point, but for now all I can swing is the seats. 

Here are a couple Photo's:

Here is a link to their website:  Cipher Seats
Follow along through the coming weeks as we buy and install these new seats in the car...hopefully it will go smooth...but with my typical luck it will NOT.

"Truly I tell you, if you have faith and do not doubt, not only can you do what was done to the fig tree, but also you can say to this mountain, Go throw yourself into the sea, and it will be done." (Matthew 21:21 NIV)  

No comments:

Post a Comment